Monday, June 25, 2012

It's time to push through the Winter blues


I had the day off today and decided to go for a drive and get a hot chocolate at the cafe near my house but to my surprise there was no parking at all so I had to park far away and go for a walk. It was freezing and I was starting to complain to myself about winter I had to stop myself from this because let's be honest for a minute, complaining only magnifies the situation and makes it look a lot bigger than what it really is. I had to remind myself that complaining about winter will not make it spring and it will not make me warm. So I decided to embrace the cold and I went for a longer walk! During this walk I did some thinking and I learnt that every season is very important. It may look like the plants are dead during the winter but they are resting and getting prepared to bloom and shine during spring. I think that is how it goes with life it may look like the "season" we are in is horrible cold and dark but we need to embrace every moment and make the most out our time because spring is coming. Let's use what we have learnt in previous seasons to bloom in the next season instead of being discouraged. It's time to enjoy the journey because every day counts and you never know what you have learnt from the past may help someone else who is going through the situation =)

(image is from weheart.com)